Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm feeling so behind! In so many ways. Mostly with the whole one charity a week thing. When I last posted, I was on my way to the Caribbean and talked about donating to the Red Cross in reference to the earthquake in Haiti last year. Then, while I was on vacation, another earthquake hit in Japan. Followed by giant tsunami. And a problem with a nuclear power plant. Oh, those poor people! Can you imagine? And where the heck do you go to get away when you are on an island? So once again, the Red Cross it is, earmarked for Japan relief. Also, a while back, I had mentioned that I may have a chance to run the Boston Marathon for a charity event. Alas, I did not win out in that lottery. But one of my co-workers did. So I'm donating to her fund raising effort. Money goes to Spaulding Rehab for a patient fund. In other news, I've been doing the vegan thing for one week. A couple slip ups: I went out for mexican and my veggie burrito with salsa and guac only ended up with a little cheese in it. (I didn't send it back. I just ate it) Plus, I have a few protein bars left that have whey in them. I didn't throw them away, I ate a couple last week. But I'm one pound lighter than last week. So there's that. Finished book #1 yesterday. And taking the training up a notch. Yeah, I'm feeling like I'm back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have an extra few hours in your day that I don't have? Or do you just skip that whole "sleep" thing? :)