Saturday, November 3, 2018

November Goals

I love the beginning of the month- when the calendar sits before me like a blank canvas. Every month is another chance to strive for something better. Some months, I fail miserably. Some months I shine. Most months I fall somewhere in the middle, but at the beginning of the month, I feel like everything is possible.

Goals always make me smile, even when I don't reach them. Because oftentimes, they serve as a clue to how NOT to go about reaching them. And then I can change tactics and try another way. This month, I'm changing tactics on a number of things.

NOVEMBER GOALS:

1) Maintain Healthy Eating Plan: Last month did not work out so well, for a number of reasons. Shared spaces, little time, stress eating, Halloween. But this month, I have a few little hacks I'm gonna try out. And I'm striving to be a bit closer to reaching this goal.

2) Daily Writing Practice: Another roll over from last month. This one I think is more about priorities and making a "to NOT do" list for all the little distractions that keep me from the keyboard.

3) BIG Declutter Goal: In the past, I've done 30 day declutter challenges where I try to get rid of one thing a day for 30 days. This time, the stakes are higher. I'm attempting and exponential decluttering- day one, get rid of one thing. Day two, get rid of two things, etc.  Which ends up being significantly more than 30 things in 30 days. But I think its not only possible, but necessary.

4) Side Hustle In Place: Past couple months, I've been hitting walls when trying to establish some classes in the traditional sense. But I've been hearing murmurs of interest from people in a couple meet-up groups I'm involved in. So I'm attempting the back way in by creating my own opportunity. (Which is a strangely scary thing for me) Baby steps.

5) Outdoor Fun Priorities!  Two hikes, two group runs, and one big family outdoor activity. Ambitious, especially when it involves other people following through

6) Read and Pass Along 2 Books. Always always always a good idea

7) Marathon Training and Daily Stretching: Its amazing how lazy I get when I don't have an end goal in mind, like a marathon or a long distance hike. And its amazing how tight my muscles get when I actually commit to training for such an event.

8) Continuing Ed completed and documented for State License renewals: They're all due in January. I'm trying not to be a last minute scrambler.

9) Xmas Gifts Purchased! No last minute scrambling in other areas, as well. I'm trying something a little different with the Xmas gifts this year, too. 

10) Another Girl's Nite: I've only been moderately successful in establishing my gal posse. But I'm gonna keep plugging away at it. I think a nice once a month meet up is a good thing. And maybe if I keep at it consistently, it won't be like pulling teeth to get my buds out of the house for a few hours. 

* extra credit*  30 day gratitude challenge!!

No comments: