Monday, December 30, 2019

The Big One!

There’s another thing that’s lead me back to the page. Not just a new year. Not just a new decade. (And incidentally, I’ve been seeing a whole bunch of “the 20’s are starting” memes that are making me want to dress like a flapper and drink like Zelda Fitzgerald!)

But there’s another reason I think I should start the new year roaring! I just had a birthday. I just turned 50. Five-oh. Oh, oh, oh. How the hell did that happen? But here’s the thing- I don’t feel 50. I feel like I’m just hitting my stride. And even though I’ve been a bit slack in the self care department over the past year or so, I’m thinking- this should be my best year yet!

I want to tackle year 50 like Jennifer Lopez!

Look for me in the 2021 Super Bowl halftime show, y’all! I’ll be the one driving a Jeep.

3 comments:

Carolina John said...

Happy birthday and welcome back! 50, huh? I turn 45 this year and am totally freaking out. You are clearly handling it better than I am.

Diane said...

I've been reading over old blog posts and comments and I came here to see if you're still blogging... and you are! Squeee! I'm really missing our old bloggy community and since I've given up Facebook and Netflix for 2020, I'm thinking maybe we should contact as many of the old gang as we can and get to blogging again!! What do you say? I'm writing in a new spot now (breathingunder-water.blogspot.com) but I think Diane's Addled Ramblings will always be where my heart is.

I've missed you and so very glad to see you!!

Diane said...

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It's the big(?) 55 for me next month!