Monday, December 22, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Today is December 22nd. The one year anniversary of my bloggie. (And the first day the sun stays out a little longer each day)

When I started this journey a year ago, I really was just looking for a way to document a year of self discovery and growth. I wasn't sure if I wanted to share it with anyone. I wasn't sure if it was the stupidest idea I'd ever had. I wasn't sure I'd continue beyond my first entry.

Now, a year later, I find that both the blog and my life have taken off in directions I never could have predicted. I've fallen in love with triathlons, gotten a work certification I didn't think I would, and started venturing out with friends instead of hibernating every weekend. In blog world, I met people whom I now consider friends and sounding boards. I've understood completely different points of view from my own, laughed, cried, hoped, and celebrated along with people thousands of miles away from me.

Mostly, I achieved the one BIG goal I had wanted to accomplish this year: I found my way back to ME. I feel more like myself than I have in a long time, and I think blogging has a lot to do with this.

Over the next year, I'm planning on making some changes to my bloggie. Many are flagrant rip offs from other blogs I've read out there. (I hope that's ok) Some are just ideas that have been floating around in my head for a while. Overall, I envision specific themes for specific days with more room for participation from readers out there. To this point, I haven't put much thought or effort into customizing the blog template at all. Hopefully, that'll change as well. As well as more pictures and embellishments.

What won't change are the monthly goals, the push for self growth, and the snippets of sarcasm and humor.

Lots of plans, lots of expectations. Lots of excitement to see where things go next year. Come along, won't you?

3 comments:

Diane said...

I'll happily come along :) Thanks for the invite!

Heather said...

Oooh, you have me all excited, wondering what is to come!! :)
I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I call shotgun for the front seat!