Sunday, October 24, 2010

Something New

Things have been crazy around here! (Monday morning I left the house at 6:00 am and returned home at 10:30 pm. Not for social stuff. For work stuff.) The rest of the week was just as busy. So posting has really taken a back seat to, you know, real life.

But this weekend, I did get a chance to sit down for an hour or two and check out all my favorite bloggie buddies and I came across this new little jem, through Lacey in Love. (She's just the cutest thing!)

Anyway, I just fell in love with City Girl's thoughts on life and living in the city and all that jazz. So much so, that I decided to steal an idea from her blog. (It's not really stealing, is it? It's collaborating! I feel like we are doing this together, just that I'm 5 weeks behind. We're bonding, really.) And I invite anyone else out there to do the same!

Or maybe its because I'm just too tired and brain dead to even come up with an original idea on my own.

Whatever. Here goes:

50 Questions to Free Your Mind:

1) How Old Would You Be If You Didn't Know How Old You Are?

I think I'd be 26. Twenty six was the year I decided to jump in my jeep and start driving all over the country with just the most minute idea of what was next. 26 was the year I finally felt like I had enough courage to break out of the roles that had been placed on me by everyone else in life and decide for myself who I wanted to be. 26 was the first year I REALLY felt like I was in control.

I've been through alot since then, and I have to admit that when I started this blog 2 years ago, I was in a place where I had no idea who I was anymore. I felt a lot older than I was. And alot younger (and confused) at the same time.

I'm happy to say that I'm back in that good place. I feel 26 again. I have no idea where my life is going again. I'm pretty sure where I am right now is not it. But I don't feel stuck anymore. I don't feel scared anymore. And even though I've once again put myself into workaholic mode, I don't feel like its my inevitable fate.

I'm pretty happy with my 26 year old mentality.

I think I'll stay 26 for a while

No comments: