Monday, February 4, 2013

Clean Snacking

As part of the 30 day challenge over at RUN TO THE FINISH I've been focusing on eating clean(er). The challenge is for a clean breakfast. Most days, I drink a green smoothie for breakfast. It's my mid morning hungry horrors that get the best of me. So I decided to make a clean mid morning snack.

This is adapted from Clean Eating Magazine, that I stole from the gym a couple weeks ago.

Veggie Egg Whites

Start out by spraying some muffin tins with Pam and filling half way with either oatmeal or quinoa.


(to be extra festive, use some heart shaped muffin tins!)

Then, fill the rest of the way up with egg whites




Then top with shredded broccoli, carrots, and zucchini


 Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes, until they are firm.


Overall impression: they are okay. Not great, but okay. And much better for me that skulking off to the cafeteria to scarf down Snackwells.

(Pounds should be just melting off in a matter of days!)

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

oh yea that looks great! yum.