Sunday, February 3, 2013

February Goals


January has come and gone and I have been cold just about every day. (with the exception of a very welcome 2-3 day thaw, but then right back into cold cold coldness!) January has been busy with preparations for a really big project set for later this year. But more on that later. First...

January Goals:

1) Blog Daily: About half credit. I mistakenly thought that I'd be able to blog away when I was up on trips for adaptive skiing and whatnot. That turned out to be...whatnot. But hey, half credit ain't half bad.

2) Exercise Program: Check. I'm back up and working out. (again, prep work for a later announcement)

3) Hike in Freetown State Forest: Didn't happen. It was just so darned cold, and I had so many darned trips. I did talk to my friend, Kerry about going in Feb, though.

4) Eat a Gigantic Salad Every Day: Check. Yummy! Now if only the working out and salad translated into some weight loss.

5) Girl's Weekend in Conn: Oh, jeez. Sometimes life just gets in the way of the best laid plans. One of my friends had three kids with the flu that weekend, another got horrible news that her sister has breast cancer and was in the hospital with her, and the third friend had car trouble. Apparently, it was not meant to be. Sad.

6) Try (and post) new recipe every week: Half credit. I definitely did try new recipes, just never got around to posting them.

7) Finish Patient Education Binder: Done.

8) Get a Smart Phone: January was snafu month. Verizon gave me some song and dance about how I'm not due for a new phone and I have to wait. But I'm trying to find a loophole in there somewhere.

9) Take Pictures: Fail. Fail. Fail.

10) Hang with My Buddy, Wheels: Still waiting on that one, too.

Yeah, so much for all those January goals. Luckily, each month, we get a fresh, clean slate.

February Goals:

1) Participate in the "Frozen Pilgrim" 10 k 

2) Do the Freetown Hike

3)  Finish Clinician Education Binder for Work

4) Get Tax Return Done

5) Building on the Morning Ritual from January...meditate and journal am and pm

6) Blogging 4 to 5 times per week

7) Drink adequate water each day

8) Get in that Hang Out time with WHeels

9) Get Financial and Logistics Plan Outlined for "the big adventure"

10) Make Valentine's Day Cookies for co-workers and for nieces and nephews

Today's Love:
I love living close enough to help my niece with her homework

No comments: