Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July


It's July. July!


I've been away from blogging for way too long. The dashboard tells me over three months. It doesn't seem like that long. Yet it seems like much longer.

I sort of dropped out of the habit of recording my thoughts and dreams and goals and directions in this forum when I dropped into the mindset of "I'm not doing anything worth writing about." That was just an excuse, of course. Because during the time I've been away, I've read a myriad of blog posts from all over the place on the most mundane subjects imaginable. I read a blog post entitled "Why I Make My Bed Every Day." Until the end. It wasn't even written by Martha Stewart. And I still read it. When I finished reading it, I thought "That was surprisingly well written and persuasive." (I don't need to be persuaded. I make my bed every day. I just don't feel the need to share that bit of info with everyone.)

Therein lies the problem. I haven't felt the need to share.







































For the last few months, I've been writing. I've been filling pages in journals and 3 subject notebooks. I've been making my beloved lists on scraps of paper and computer printouts and posting them on an ACTUAL bulletin board, rather than a pinterest board. I've been reading voraciously. I've been walking around in may bare feet outside, lying in a hammock, and riding my bike around just for the heck of it.

I guess I just needed to be a bit introverted for a while.

But now…now I feel like dipping my toe back in. I miss the habit. I miss the sharing. I miss the community.

In 2013, I discovered another community -- the thru-hiker community -- where I felt like I BELONGED. More so than any other group I have been a part of. Lately I have felt the pull of community. I've missed the small-- but somehow intimate, quirky, and cool -- community of bloggers I got to know so well when I was a regular blogger. I want to get to know you all again.

So happy July! And hello again.





2 comments:

Carolina John said...

Hello Heather! Sounds like you've been busy and relaxing at the same time. that sounds fantastic.

Unknown said...

You’re able to stash pencils, precious jewelry, foundation elements, revenue, credit lines, accessories. fake chanel Online websites feature more thatn enough products in the case of handbags. Eco-friendly handbags defined really are the best selling consequently they are preferred just by wives at all matures. Nova Raffia Travelling bag Back pack, Dina Raffia Travelling bag Back pack and additionally Lisa Raffia Travelling bag Back pack really are a portion of the best-selling handbags in them all. fake louis vuitton bags Lacking misusing amount of time in driving, you may buy extensive hay handbags although they might placed in your home. replica dior Everybody about word wide web is free of limitations numerous experts retailer all that's necessary lacking standing up within your space. rolex replica Farther, will also be possible to make sure you browse through lots of handbags about varied different shades, lengths and widths and additionally designs all of the at only all the check out from the rodent. fake omega Expenditures is additionally prepared automatically numerous experts take advantage of the handbags around a couple of subsequently after requesting individuals via the internet.