Monday, October 2, 2017

OCTOBER GOALS

I used to be such a goals setter. Well, I still am kind of a goal setter. Unfortunately, I somehow got the idea in my head that I could just keep all the goals inside my head. That doesn't work. They goals get all mixed up and lost with all the bad ideas in there.

There's something about writing down the goals that make you commit just  little bit more. There's something extra about posting them where others can see that takes it up one more notch. I like going up one more notch.

1) Work Out Every Day: Not just weekdays. Or not just weekends. And especially not just on days when I feel like it. There were way too many of those days over the summer. Sitting in the sun is nice. But working the body is even nicer.

2) Big Hiking Goal- South Kaibab to Bright Angel Trail I've been wanting to do a Grand Canyon hike for a while, but haven't gotten around to getting permits, which means there are no more overnight permits. So I'm taking the plunge- 18 miles, down and up. Weather permitting and body permitting. I can do this!

3) Get Halloween gifts for the kids and mail them out It's tough being away from the munchkins. Especially when its costume time. (or as Brandon says- "October! Breast cancer awareness month! I can wear pink every day!") So I need to get them a little something to smile about and mail it out.

4) Clean Eating: In addition to all the usual reasons for clean eating (health, weight, performance, etc) I have another, really important reason to stick with this. I need to show somebody that clean eating is not only possible, but advantageous. It would be pretty hypocritical of me to preach clean eating and then down as much junk as I can get my hands on, wouldn't it?

5) Get the dent on my car fixed, already! 

6) Finish up the outstanding classes I have half finished: Manual therapy for Sciatica Treatment, Modalities, Skillshare class, and Daring Greatly. (Hey! Four classes for 4 weeks!)

7) Journaling and Blogging Daily Cause even just one day of journaling and blogging has made me feel so much more centered!

8) Four Handwritten Letters to Friends. Social media has gone beyond impersonal. It's just mean, now. But a handwritten note in the mailbox? So uplifting. I hope.

9)  POUND certification and start teaching. POUND is just about the greatest thing I've come across in fitness since triathlons and hiking. Plus, I get to pretend I'm a rock star.

10) Sleep Outside at least one night I've pretty much embraced the idea that the only way I'm going to get a spot to pitch my tent around here is in a really remote, primitive campsite with no water. Of course, that's my favorite kind of camping. So there's really no reason I haven't just DONE IT already! (Maybe because I didn't commit to it as a goal and write it down)

Hiking, camping, working out, learning, and connecting with loved ones. Pretty good intentions for October!!

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

That's a lot of goals! But they all seem reasonable. Good luck! I'm trying to keep a regular workout schedule too.