Monday, November 6, 2017

Seasonal Confusion Disorder

November is upon us, and generally for me that means I'm loving all the pumpkin food choices. I'm a sucker for pumpkin ale, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soup. I like me some pumpkin seeds to snack on. I'll grab some pumpkin ice cream if I can.

Except this year.

This year, I'm in warmer climates and it just seems too warm for pumpkin anything.

I was picking up some beer for some weekend socializing and not once did I entertain the idea of Pumpkin-head Ale. I went straight for the hefeweizen. Grocery shopping, I'm still leaning toward salads and veggie stir fries. Not even thinking of squash soup. And for a nice after dinner warm beverage? Leaning toward green or chamomile tea. I'm still in late summer mode.

Which is messing me up a bit. I go on social media and people are posting these crazy memes like "Only 7 weeks till Christmas". Christmas? I'm not even ready for pumpkins!

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

Pumpkin beers and hearty hefeweizens lean so nicely into crisp winter ales. The beer really seals this as my favorite time of year.