Sunday, August 1, 2010

ONE BIG AUGUST GOAL

I can't believe it's August. AUGUST! Where the heck did all the time go? And -- I posted twice in July. I spent so much time at work in July and summer is so short and the weather is so summery... I just didn't feel that the best use of my limited time would be in front of the computer, you know?

I did fairly well with the July goals, and did most everything that involved being outdoors but not a couple that involved being inside (like the DVD classes). And was doing the Artist Way thing like I did last year, just not doing any posts on them.

In light of the above, I have come up with ONE goal for August. One big giant, glorious, ingenious goal for August:

MAKE AS MANY MISTAKES AS I POSSIBLY CAN IN ONE MONTH!!

May seem like an anti goal. But for a perfectionist, over organizing, perpetual list making, gets too caught up in being the absolute best I can possibly be person like myself, this is a giant step forward. Time to throw preperation and lists to the wind.

I'm going to make as many mistakes as is humanly possible.

Anyone care to join me?

2 comments:

Carolina John said...

I like your goal. and if today at work was any indication, I'm well on my way to meeting your goal.

The Singlutionary said...

Great goal! I never thought of having a monthly goal. So my goal for August is to: Love as many people as possible while still being 100% grounded in myself.

I've been closed off for so long now, having to kinda rebuild myself in private. And in the past love meant a kind of unhealthy selflessness. I am now learning to love in ways that benefit me and the world.