Saturday, March 31, 2012

Earth Hour



Today is March 31st, which means that at 8:30 pm, its Earth Hour. Everyone around the world is invited to shut out the lights from 8:30 to 9:30 pm.

I had been planning on having a couple friends over for snacks and games and candlelight. But, as it is, everyone opted out on me. (sick kids, sick self, unexpected house guests, etc)

So I will be spending Earth Hour solo this year. In lieu of board games and snacks, I will be doing some much needed organizing and purging and putting stuff away and making more lists and such by candlelight. Ok, I may have some snacks, as well.

And, yes, my candles will be smaller than the torch in the picture! I just like the picture alot. It was the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Paralympics in Vancouver. And I'll use any excuse to bust it open and post it!  ;-)

Is anyone else celebrating Earth Hour? How?

No comments: