Tuesday, January 22, 2008


EVERY NEW BEGINNING COMES FROM SOME OTHER BEGINNING'S END--- Semisonic
Now that the holidays are over, I need to buckle down and try to make up for the non-stop food orgy that I had from Thanksgiving to New Years.
At least I ended it on a high note. On Sunday, Dec 30, I ate what was, unquestionably, the BEST meal I have ever had. I had a meal that actually restored my faith in mankind and the state of our planet as a whole. (Since the food from that meal was grown on this earth, and the chef preparing the meal is a HUMAN, then I can only conclude that there is hope for us all.)
On the other hand, my friend, Nicole, who introduced me to this restaurant, may not have had as ecstatic an experience as I did. Anyone who knows me understands that taking me to an Indian/ Portugese/ American fusion restaurant and ordering the vegetarian tasting menu is not a task for the faint of heart. The car ride home was, shall we say, both musical and aromatic.
I think that as I was pouring out praises in my new-found food-induced optomism, Nicole was just wishing she were dead.
If you find yourself on a trip to New York, check out Tabla. You will not regret it. Just bring some Bean-O along! As for me, I'm trying to hang on to the holiday and Tabla exuberence for as long as possible.
I'm sure it won't be long before I turn back into a grouch.

No comments: