Wednesday, January 2, 2008

NEW BEGINNINGS


WHEN THE HEART CRIES FOR WHAT IS LOST, THE SPIRIT REJOICES FOR WHAT IS TO BECOME.
Ok, so here we are in the new year, and as Nicole and I have been saying for the last 2 days, "2008 is great!" I'm not even dwelling on the fact that I returned from NJ to find my car battery stolen out of my car. I'm just grateful that I didn't let my AAA membership lapse last July. THAT would have been bad.
So, my self assigned tasks for January 2008 are as follows:
1) Every day for 30 days I will (a) work out and (b) play my guitar. A little ambitious, having a double 30 day assignment first month out, but I need to take advantage of the New Year's energy.
2) I will read "Wuthering Heights". Never read it in high school. Have no idea what its about. Suspect that I will hate it.
3) I will buy a great "going out" top. Most of my shirts are either work shirts, tie dyes, or flowy hippie style shirts. Lots of fun to wear, but not very flatttering. Or stylish. Stacey and Clinton would throw away every shirt I own.
4) I will go out to the movies. Alone, if necessary. I love going to the movies. I just haven't in the past YEAR, because all of my friends have small children and if they want to go to the movies, I need to babysit for them.
5) I will have a "girls weekend". Either at home with my pals, or away with some college roomates I haven't seen in a while.
6) Something I haven't ever done: I am going to take an online computer class. For far too long, I didn't learn how to troulbe shoot my own computer because I had my boyfriend to take care of that for me. Why should I waste my time when I could just ask him. Well, it doesn't seem like such a waste of time now.
And away I go...on the journey to what is to become!!

No comments: