Sunday, May 2, 2010

May Goals

Where did April go? It seemed to fly by, and now here it is May. (and a much more temperate and lovely May than last year, I might add. I went to the beach today. The sun was hot. The air was warm. The water was freezing.)

Anyhow, with me having a difficult time remembering what the heck I did, exactly, in April, it's no wonder that my goals were kind of...kicked by the wayside, you could say? Anyway....

APRIL GOALS:

1) Rehab my back. This really was the most important goal in April, wasn't it. And happily, I was successful. I can sleep. I can sit long enough to compose an email or blog post without undue agony. I can sit on a toilet. (TMI??) And as of this week, I can ride a bike and run without feeling like a steamroller ran me over the next day. My right leg, however, is atrophied almost beyond recognition and is a full 1/2 inch smaller in diameter than my left. So my goal for May? Rehab the leg. *sigh*

2) Six to Eight servings of veggies a day. despite the juicing frenzy, this was a fail. I have to admit, with the limited running and biking, I got a little down and started eating a lot of junk. (I was completely un-beach-ready today. Pasty and doughy is not a pretty sight. Fortunately for me, I was not the pastiest nor the doughiest on the beach.) But I still gotta get my sh*t together.

3) Trunk Stabilization exercises every day this month. success! (See #1 above)

4) Six to Eight glasses of water a day Fail. (see #2 above)

5) Back to journaling. Gratitude and events half credit.

6) Get roth IRA all set up. success

7) Increase 403 B contributions. success

8) go out twice this month success. See #2 above. And now think: pasty, doughy, and hung over.

9) Spring Cleaning done: not yet.

10) DVD classes done: no.

So now, as May falls on me and June -- real beach season-- fast approaches. I'm going to recycle some of April's fails and try to move forward, as well.

JUNE GOALS:

1) Rehab the leg! I want to be able to do 25 single leg squats without pain on the right leg before I even think about racing. My knee is still pretty unstable. I can do 3 now. I could do none on Monday, so that's promising.

2) I'm going with an "eat clean" diet plan this month. I want to lose 4 pounds of pasty dough.

3) Spring cleaning and summer clothes switch.

4) DVD classes done.

5) Journaling every day this month.

6) Working on increasing referrals to my clinic by 2 per month

7) Get back to letter writing (I'm old fashioned that way. Plus, I love getting stuff in the mail. ) goal is for 4 in May.

8) Go on 2 group training bike rides this month

9) Dust off that guitar and start strumming again.

No comments: