Friday, May 7, 2010

weekly wrap up

Hi everyone!

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I've just been preoccupied with those ever present goals I keep running around in my head (and on my blog). I've really been trying to pay more attention to what I eat and drink. And though I cannot say I've been 100% successful in clean eating, I can say that I've been doing lightyears better than I was before. Between the increased attention and the food journaling I've been doing, I've wanted to pinpoint when it is when I start to break down and eat junk and drink caffeine.

The bottom line is: I start consuming all the bad stuff because I'm TIRED! (not necessarily hungry) And since my long work days aren't going to change anytime soon, and my workouts are non-negotiable, I've looked at other areas in my life to tweak. Which means making sure I get to bed a little earlier. Which in turn means less computer time.

The good news is, I'm feeling a lot better than I have in weeks. Or months, even. Bed earlier, less junk, more water, more veggies. It's not rocket science. It's just common sense. (Its surprising how un-common common sense is, huh?)

Anyway, the good news is, I'm down 2 and a half pounds in one week. So that's promising. The daily journaling is going well. And I'm up to 5 single leg squats on the injured leg. (Oh, that knee is still so unstable! I want to just go out and run for hours in this nice weather but that would not be smart at all.)

I got lots more to tell you, but it's already past my self-imposed bed time. So have nice dreams, everyone, and I'll catch you later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This has been a busy time for a lot of us. Have heard a lot of bloggers mention they haven't had time to get online. Congrats on eating well, just reading your success made me a tad more motivated to avoid the candy jar today. :)