Friday, February 1, 2008

FEBRUARY


WE LIVE IN A WORLD OF ABUNDANCE, BUT TOO OFTEN WE CHOOSE TO LIVE WITH SCARCITY.
Here it is February, already. Or at last. January was both long and fleeting, like so many things in life seem to be. As I look back upon my grand effort to start the year off with a bang, I see that I was both successful and not-so -successful. But, as I say to my patients, I am on the right path and I see where I need to focus my efforts.
Nowhere is that more evident than in my first 30 day effort: to exercise every day and play guitar every day. I exercised 28 of 30 days, which is pretty darn good. The 2 days I didn't exercise were: the day after an 18 mile run and the day it snowed 16 inches and the gym wasn't open before work. True, I could have done a yoga DVD on both of those days, but I didn't. And I'm okay with that. Guitar-wise, not so great. I played only 14 of 30 days. Less than 50%. It seems that M still has a hold on me that creeps through when I try to do things that were more "his" things than "my" things. I was always more of the exercise fiend than him. He was the musician. I am going to keep plugging away on making the guitar more "mine". I do have that great free CD of awesome guitar music to inspire me. And M has never heard it. Its all mine.
I am almost through "Wuthering Heights". I was a bit late on beginning that task, as the library seemed intent of keeping me from obtaining that book, but I finally got it. I should be done by the end of the weekend. More on that later.
Going out top...purchased! (Sort of.) It's on back order and should be shipped any day now. I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to try the damn thing on to see how freaking hot I am. (Did I mention I'm getting free swag again?) Hot, I tell you! I am becoming the hot tamale I once was, only wiser. And more sarcastic. Those are good qualities, aren't they?
Ok, I didn't go out to the movies. I watched enough net-flix to kill a horse, but didn't make it to an actual movie theater. I did make it to a bar though. Where I saw a live band and interacted with actual people. So that's actually better. (And did I mention the guitarist gave me a free CD? I don't think I've told anyone yet) I'm gonna count this as a success. Done and done. I can go to a movie AND see a band next month.
Had a PJ party with the gals. (and the kids) Fun fun fun, more more more to come.
And last but not least, online class underway.
Goodbye January! You were good to me. I always liked you better than February, but I guess now I'm stuck with that bitch for a whole month. Maybe this is the year we can become good friends. It is a leap year, after all.

No comments: