Friday, February 29, 2008


Oh, I had such high hopes for leap day. It was an extra day to do whatever I wanted. I had 2 sets of plans for after work, first going out with coworkers for dinner and a drink or two, then out to see a band at a place down the street. Scottish tradition has it that leap day was the day that ladies could ask a man to marry them. If they refused, they had to pay a penalty (usually a kiss). I thought I could make people buy me drinks all night.


Alas, I woke up feeling like my head was going to explode. The cold I was fighting all week finally caught up with me and left me feeling like I got run over by a truck. So my extra day was really an extra day of sleep and laundry and cleaning the apartment and watching movies.


Which, actually isn't half bad, now that I put it that way. Ialways talk about how I would love to just take a nap for no reason and how I never have time to get things done. Enter leap day.


Next weekend, next weekend. Band and drink time. Now, time for more sleep.

No comments: