Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oh, has it been a long time since I last updated. However, I guess that is a good thing. If you are too busy out living your life to blog about it, then I guess you are doing something right. I guess I am doing something right!

However, it is nice also to periodically review your goals and the path that you are on, so as not to just blindly stumble along, getting whatever done. (The whole point of this blog in the first place) So, anyway....

1) The whole TV thing... mainly successful, but not completely. I admit that I did fall prey to vegging out on the sofa and watching a little mindless tube a time or two. However, the overall amount of TV consumption was down significantly this month. Most importantly, I'm not just turning the TV on automatically for background noise while I go about my business. I am not mindlessly channel surfing and picking the least offensive choice even though it does not interest me. I am not wondering where all my time has gone as show after mindless show marches across the screen in front of me. Sometimes, this month, I actually have wondered where time has gone while I knock out 100 pages from a book. Which could arguably be a better choice, but overall is just the same thing in a different package. I guess, as February comes to a close, what I want to take away from this experiment, is a more mindful use of my time. TV isn't necessarily a bad thing; its just that I had been using it too much to tune out. I'm not doing that so much anymore.

2) Finished "Drowning Ruth"; a very good book. More on that and on January's book in the days to come.

3) Still need to get my damn hair cut! What the hell is wrong with me?

4) Oh, yeah. I was busy training for and running a marathon. Finished in a slow but respectable time. Can't wait for my toenail to heal up enough to start triathalon training.

5) Went to the movie with Gene. Saw a movie that is getting nominated, but not winning anything as I write this: "There Will Be Blood". Again, more on that in the days to come.

6) OK, didn't get an Oscar nite party together, since I am sitting here blogging as the Oscars play in the background. But I did have a mini girls day with the girls yesterday (they with their babies, me with the tales of going out relayed to them.) Plus, we had a nice little B-day party for my dad today. Nice family and friends time. Feeling more connected. And less cranky and volatile than I was around my family last year. It sounds awful to say that. But I was in a bad place last year. I'm not there anymore.

7) I also have a lot of pre-packaged things to try out for recipes from my sister in law and her home business thing.

8) Didn't do anything CRAZY on Vday. But leap day is next week. Postpone to then and done.

Lots more writing next week. Then on to March!!!

No comments: