Saturday, February 9, 2008

The good news is: I took a benadryl before going to bed Tuesday nite and woke up Wednesday without a trace of a headache. Medicine rules. The not so good news is: the cold February weather rolled back in this week and its been windy and wet and raw. I'm back to hating February.

Cutting out TV has been surprisingly easy. Especially since I have decided that Netflix doesn't count and I am able to watch up to 2 movies per week. Which I actually have not. 2 every week and a half is more like it. Its amazing how much more time I have. And how the guitar thing is easier without the distraction of TV. (3 to 4 times per week) So that's good. I do have more headaches, though. Is it because I am coming down with something, because I am doing more active (ie cleaning and reading) things which give me headaches, or because TV is actually like an electronic asprin the takes headaches away by making you brain-dead? Something to ponder.

I have my new book in possession, but have not yet cracked it open. I was busy finishing the other one. But still, I'm ahead of last month and I have a plane ride next week to do it in.

I have not made one once of effort into getting my hair cut. Gotta get on that.

Wednesday, I ventured out with K to see that band, again. I am happy to report that even though I did not come away with anything free on Wed, I still appear to be just as popular with both band and bar crowd. It really beats sitting at home and pining away for somebody who lives 3000 miles away. One movie to go.

I tried out a new recipe. Squash soup. Its delicious. I love my slow cooker and I'm excited to put it to good use through the cold, wet, raw season.

Next week looks to be a bit of a bust at the beginning. I am still at my parents dogsitting which takes up a surprising amount of time with his ultra-walks. Plus I am working 3 tens Mon thru Wed, which leaves precious little time to do anything else after work and dog duties. Thursday, though, and things get started. I am on the plane to Myrtle Beach, (reading my book along the way) where I will do SOMETHING crazy that nite, do a marathon, and catch up with G!

I can't wait.

No comments: