I skipped on over to MamaKat's for the weekly writing assignment.
I was toying with the idea of posting my answer to LAST week's post, which I started and then abandoned because I got to overwhelmed. But after a LONG, LONG workday (13 hours) I was again overwhelmed at the prospect of tidying up and finishing last week's almost post. (It'll eventually make it out, dontcha worry). And I got to thinking that maybe I'm making things a little more complicated than they need to be.
Which led me right back to MamaKat's posting options for this week. (pretty handy how that came full circle, eh?)
I think that when it comes to prayer, religion and spirituality, people make things way more complicated than they need to be.
I've come to embrace the idea that prayer needs only to consist of two words: please and thank you.
So today, I'm saying thank you for: (1) the weather turning warmer
(2) laughing my butt off watching Scrubs with J
(3) finally plowing through the pile of paperwork on my desk
(4) having enough to eat and to choose what I eat
(5) getting back to exercising
I'm saying please for: (1) getting through my giant to-do list tomorrow
(2) my transition to advanced clinician over the next few months
(3) sticking with the triathlon training program
(4) finding the perfect present for little K's birthday on Sat
(5) continuing to connect with Nerd