This week, I picked up a lovely bunch of carrots.
Normally, I would prepare both the root part and the greens for eating, but after 2 days in the fridge, the greens were looking wilted and not too enticing. (I need to clean out the refrigerator.) In any case, I cooked just the carrots themselves. No matter, they turned out delicious!
Oriental Stir Fry Carrots
1) Cut 5-6 medium carrots into medium thick slices
2) Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over medium heat in deep fry pan. Add carrots and cover, cooking until soft, about 7 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, in small bowl measure 2 tablespoons white vinegar. (I used white balsamic vinegar which was this gorgeous amber color!)
4) Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and one minced garlic clove and whisk together.
5) Add sauce to pan with carrots and cook until garlic becomes fragrant, about 3 to 4 minutes.
The finished product
And it tasted even better than it looked! Fall rocks. And so does the color orange!