Monday, December 14, 2009

booty buster challenge week 3

Has it really been a week since I blogged? I've been around. Just terribly, terribly busy. I've been writing blog posts in my head, but apparently, nothing made it to the screen. 2 big work projects due last week, running, Xmas cards, Xmas tree, Xmas shopping, and 12 hour work days have been demanding my time. (I'm tired just writing about it)

But I always get to my recap posts!

HOLIDAY BOOTY BUSTER CHALLENGE WEEK THREE

Monday Dec 7: 3 miles at 9 min pace and lifting (chest and back) 4 points

Tuesday Dec 8: 7 mile interval run at 8:30 pace and lifting (arms and shoulders) 8 points

Wednesday Dec 9: YOGA!! I love yoga. 2 points

Thursday Dec 10: 40 minute bike, 12 miles: 4 points

Friday Dec 11: Ok, here's where I messed up this week. I've been lifting weights since I was 14 years old. I love lifting weights. My weight lifting changed significantly after I started participating in endurance events. But sometimes I just WANT to LIFT!!! And today, I did. Legs. 3 mile run at 9 minute pace and heavy leg lifting. 4 points

which is why on Saturday Dec 12: I did nothing because I was too sore.

and on Sunday December 13: when I was supposed to run 10 miles, I was only able to bike for 30 minutes at a ridiculously show pace. 2 points.

Lesson learned.

TOTAL: 24 points

1 comment:

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

You are doing great! Looks like you have a lot on your plate. Seems that is common this time of year.

Ouch! 12 hr work day!