Sunday, February 21, 2010

weekend wrap up


I feel like I have just been playing catch up this week. And trying to view as much of the Olympics as possible. SO much so that it's already Sunday and I haven't commented on the weekend wrap up! Or wrote a book review. That's ok, though. I got my priorities right, eh? :)


PROJECTS: Two weeks ago, before the non-marathon, I cleaned out the fridge and freezer. From checking all the dates on salad dressing and condiments, washing the crisper drawers in warm soapy water, getting rid of freezer burned food, etc. And a good thing, I did, because I was briefly thinking of putting "ran an F-ing Marathon!" as the project for the week, but that didn't work out at all, did it?


Last week, I finally got a hat rack for my ridiculous number of hats. When I was in my 20's I was really into hats, for some reason. I was "the hat girl". And I looked pretty damn cute in them, too. Even though last year with my decluttering project I got rid of a number of hats, I still have quite a few. So I got a nice hat rack from Target, put it up, and hung a bunch of hats on it! Sadly, it's not enough. I gotta get another hat rack for the rest.
BOOKS: I'm actually ahead of schedule with my plane rides and extra time I had last weekend! But that just means I can give my poor eyes a rest on the reading for the next couple weeks.
Two weeks ago: You Better Not Cry by Augustin Burroughs. The thing about Augustin Burroughs is that you either love him or you hate him. I love him. SO I loved the book.
This week: Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. I think the "best book of the year" honor has been replaced!
And the rest: Doing OK, but not great with the no bags thing. I did get a couple bags while away, since I didn't bring my recyclable canvas bags away with me.
Ever feel like you are just on the brink of a major life change that hasn't QUITE arrived? I feel that way. And as much as the winter doldrums are getting me down, I'm just plugging away with the goals to somehow keep myself ready. Or something like that.


No comments: