Sunday, December 5, 2010

The end is near!

Today, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. (or, I'm breathing the air from the end of the tunnel?) I think I'm finally starting to kick this cold! It was the first time in 5 or so days that I had a phone conversation that didn't go like this:

me: Hello?
other person: Hello? Hello? Can you hear me?
Yes, I can hear you.
Are you on speaker phone? Cause I can hardly hear you.
No, no speaker phone. I'm sick.
What? I didn't get that. You must be in a spotty area. Are you in the car?
No, I'm home. I'm sick.
What was that?
I'm home. I'm sick.
You keep fading in and out. Are you holding the phone away from your head or something?
No, I'm sick. I have no voice.
You're what?
SICK! I'M SICK!
Oh, wow! That's not the phone? That's your voice?
Yes.
Ok, I'm hanging up. I'll text you.

I can actually sort of talk now. So it's good. I have a zillion things to do right now, most work related, but every time I sit down to do them, I get fuzzy headed and can't think straight. So next week is going to be busy.

Plus, that 30 workouts in 30 days thing? Not going so well. Either I'm doing a lot of doubles later in the month or its a lost cause.

But I AM still getting rid of stuff, which is going swimmingly. I was able to drag myself to the thrift shop today with two bags of stuff. Including:
another book, another shirt, a holiday tin that I had from last year that just isn't practical for using as gift wrap this year. A pair of running shoes went into the shoe recycling container at the running store. And I pulled out some craft materials to give to my oldest niece.

There just may be room in here for some new stuff come Xmas!

Today's Joy:
Saw the Harry Potter movie with my two best buds. It was good!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope you feel better soon!! This time of year is the worst, haha!

Anonymous said...

Which is why I love e-mail when I'm sick...

RunToTheFinish said...

aww man hope you are on the upswing now.

i really want to see mr potter..d says NOOOOOO