Monday, December 13, 2010

Free Your Mind

I'm back! I spent the weekend sleeping, trying to shake this super cold from hell, drinking tea, and rallying to make appearances at the holiday party and play I was committed to. 'Twas fun, really. And I STILL am not back 100%!!!

But I am back enough to ponder....50 Questions to free your mind.

Week 7:

Are you doing what you believe in or settling for what you are doing?

You know, I can't help but think that this is a very all or nothing kind of question. Either you are doing what you believe in completely or you are settling. And while I get the purpose of the question: are you just doing something -- anything -- to pay the bills while ignoring your dreams or are you going after your dreams? In reality, I don't think things are as black and white.

For instance, I could say undoubtedly that I am doing something I believe in. I make a living helping people. I am working with people I really like, in a good environment, for a company I truly feel is a compassionate and forward thinking. I am making a difference.

On the other hand, there are things I'm not thrilled with. There are things I have to put up with that aggravate the crap out of me in order to continue to do what I do. There things that I have to settle for in this life. And there are dreams I'm still striving for that I have not reached yet and in all honesty may or may not work out in the end.

I think that's true with most things in life. In work, in love, when buying your "dream house", when going on vacation with friends. There are things you do that let you live out your dreams and things that you must settle for in order to do those things that let you live out your dreams.

That's where I am right now.

No comments: