Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January's Addictions

JANUARY'S ADDICTIONS

It's been a while since I did an addiction post. I miss em! They always seemed such fun.

This month, I was addicted to:

HOT CHOCOLATE
Nothing is better on a cold morning or a cold night than hot chocolatey goodness with mini-marshmallows floating inside.

FLANNEL SHEETS
I have to admit: I got a set of flannel sheets for my birthday a few years ago and I was like: "What an odd gift. Who the heck give somebody flannel sheets with snowmen on them for their birthday?" Oh, how wrong I was! They are absolutely fantastic and I can't live without them.

ALLIE MCBEAL 
I totally did not get that show when it was on actual television. But since I have discovered the wonders of streaming old, defunct shows on Netflix, I have been exploring the shows that everyone else liked except me. And I have to say, I rather enjoyed the Allie McBeal thing this time around. Especially the Robert Downey Jr. episodes. I think Ol' Allie was the precursor to my second favorite show of all time: Scrubs.

CHICKEN WITH RICE SOUP
I had the unfortunate luck of contracting a case of the creeping crud that was going around work during the holidays. And the only thing I could keep down was chicken soup. It's good stuff to eat while lying on the sofa watching back to back episodes of Allie McBeal.

GREEN SMOOTHIES
I'm very partial to mocha protein powder and spinach this month.

SMART WOOL SOCKS
The EMS down the street closed last week and had 50% off markdowns. Loaded up with socks (amongst other things)

GABRIELLE BERNSTEIN
Got her new book and in conjunction with Amanda's 30 day challenge, have been doing a little morning inspirations and journaling to put me in a bright, sunny mood! Aside from my imitation of Little Miss Cranky Pants yesterday, it seems to be working out quite well.

PHILLIP PHILLIPS
Rather late to the party, I finally downloaded his stuff on itunes. Like Dave Matthews and Mumford &
 Sons thrown in a blender (on high finger picking speed)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh - I remember when McBeal came on. Never watched it, but it premiered the same time as "Buffy - The Vampire Slayer". Based only on the commercials airing, I said "Hm, whiny skinny lawyer, or girl who beats up and slays vampires. Yeah, gonna go with the latter..."

Never heard of Phillip Phillips, will have to check it out (any song in particular I should start with?). But hot chocolate on a cold rainy night (as it is here tonight)? Totally with you on that one. :)

Carolina John said...

kmart has some fleece sheets $25 for any size, and they are the most comfortable amazing sheets I've ever found. We gave them out as christmas presents this year.