Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Problem with Nicholas Sparks

One of the drawbacks to Netflix is that movies tend to go into the queue in categories. For instance, you may get four Russel Crowe movies in a row or three movies about vampires in a row. Unless you periodically go onto the website and rearrange the queue (which I don't) the category phenomenon happens quite a bit.

After the past few movie selections that have appeared in my mailbox, I am left with one question: Is Nicholas Sparks a chick? After seeing The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, and Nights in Rodanthe all in a row, I suspect that maybe Mr. Sparks had his Y chromosomes surgically removed.

I think I have more testosterone coursing through my veins than Nicholas Sparks! But his movies are good for a night of rolling on the floor in fits of laughter with your best friend.

Oh, and is it wrong that I felt more empathy toward the little computerized claymation guy from UP than I did for any of the characters in Nicholas Sparks' movies?

Please say yes.

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

haha, yea the wife was thrilled when we had several julia styles movies come in all at once. oops, meant to space those out for sanity's sake. mine, hers, and julia's.