Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cooking for the Clueless

Since I have been quite preoccupied with all of my many projects lately...too preoccupied to go out and meet off the wall people to write about on Tuesdays. So I'm putting Tuesday's Bad Dates on a brief hiatus. And instead, installing

Cooking for the Clueless!!
(the clueless being me)

Since I am such a multi-tasker, today's recipe will double as Today's Awesome. (because it really really was awesome)

Ok. I pulled this recipe out of this month's Yoga Journal. It is simple, yummy, and most importantly, can cook while you jump in the shower post workout.

In my own words:

Warm Squash and Spinach Salad

1) Pre cut organic butternut squash
2) Pre washed organic spinach
3) Lemon juice
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
5) Sliced Almonds
6) Salt and Pepper
**(7) I added sunflower and flax seeds cause I had them **

* Put as much squash as will fit onto the toaster oven pan.
* Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
* Turn toaster oven on 400.
* Jump in the shower.
* Get out, dry off, put on PJ's.
* Comb tangles out of hair. (Make sure you have used plenty of conditioner so that the house doesn't burn down while you are in the bathroom wrestling with a comb)
* Wash hands.
* Check the squash. Declare it "good enough" and turn off the toaster oven while leaving the door closed so the squash can be extra "good enough".
* Fill your favorite Tupperware bowl that you use for salads with spinach.
* In a coffee cup, mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice with a couple shakes of salt and pepper
* Take squash out of toaster oven.
* Pour squash and warm olive oil that is floating around the bottom of the pan all over the spinach.
* Sprinkle almonds, sunflower seeds, and flax seed on top.
* Cover the entire mess with lemon juice.
* Enjoy while sitting at computer checking email and reading blogs.

It is truly one of the most delicious things I have eaten a while. Try it. You won't be sorry.


No comments: