Tuesday, November 24, 2009

400th Post

Today marks my 400th post. Four hundred posts!

I was thinking...I should do an extra special, super insightful, completely brilliant post.

And then I was thinking...about what?

The truth is, there are a lot of silly little observations running around in my head, but at the moment, nothing super-brilliant.

So I figured that in honor of the 400th post, I would share with you a list of superlatives according to me:

Best Netflix Rental: Last week, I rented "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog". It written during the writer's strike in 2008 and originally distributed via internet as an actual video blog. (You can see it on YouTube or Hulu. Or if you're technically challenged like me, you can just put it on your netflix list) Not only is it brilliant, but Neil Patrick Harris -- one of the funniest people on earth -- can flip from Dr Horrible to his alter ego, Billy, seamlessly and without missing a note. I highly recommend it.

Best Book I Recently Read: Loose Girl, A Memoir of Promiscuity by Kerry Cohen. (Calm down, Geek Hiker, it's not what you think!) It was beautifully written, but heartbreaking. One of the saddest books I ever read, but extremely thought provoking and definitely worth checking out.

Best Nickname: Occasionally, when appropriate, I pin a nickname on one of my patients. (I mean, I don't call somebody's grandmother "Old Bat" or anything like that. Just patients who have the right personality.) Anyway, one patient, who recently had a partial meniscectomy, was giving me shit the other day. From here on out, he will be known as "Half-Meniscus Harry"

Best Current Magazine: People. Johnny Depp as 'sexiest man alive'. I concur. In spades.

Best Current Song: Ok, I admit. I don't like a lot of current music. But I do like the New Moon Soundtrack. (yet another instance where the soundtrack is better than the actual movie)

Most Ridiculous Commercial: Tonight, I saw a WalMart commercial in which a lady says: "With WalMart prices, I can prepare Thanksgiving Dinner for 8 for less than $20!" Oh, really? Now there's one family who will be looking at two turkey pot pies this Thursday.

Happy 400th, everyone!

3 comments:

Carolina John said...

wow, 400 is a ton! congrats, and have a great thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

So, wait, it isn't an instructional on how to find said loose girls? Darn...

Make sure you watch the commentary track on Dr. Horrible too...

lclarey said...

Congratulations, Heather. I've enjoyed everyone. Keep it rolling.