Monday, November 5, 2018

Gratitude

November always seems like the perfect month to focus on gratitude. The weather is getting colder, the days are getting shorter, and we tend to spend more time indoors- time that seems custom made for reflection. We are rolling into the winter holidays; Thanksgiving is all about giving thanks and being grateful! And it's always a good idea to keep gratitude close to your heart when holiday shopping- it's far too easy to let materialism take over.

I've done gratitude challenges in the past, though they all seem to emphasize self reflection (name one thing you are thankful for today)with little focus on community and connection. As somebody with introvert tendencies, I've been making an effort to reach out more and focus on connection this year. I haven't always been successful, but I have at least been more aware and been able to curb my proclivity towards turning inward and hiding out. This November, I decided to search for a gratitude challenge that not only emphasizes being thankful, but also includes reaching out beyond myself.

I decided upon this little ditty: https://pageflutter.com/30-day-gratitude-challenge/.  Super simple, but effective (I hope). By the end of the month, maybe I'll establish a habit of spreading tiny little bits of joy as well as noticing the little things that make me smile.


No comments: