Thursday, June 5, 2008

RECOGNITION


So today at work we had something called the Spirit Awards. No, its not an award for the most productive poltergeist in the building. It's a day of recognition for people who go above and beyond the call of duty at work; people who exemplify the "spirit" of the hospital.
For all the hassles and bad days that we all have from time to time, it's nice to work for a place that actually does recognize when people take pride in a job well done. And what's really nice, is that I was NOMINATED by my supervisor! Wicked excellent.
I may be the most clueless person working there, since I didn't even know I was nominated until yesterday. "Didn't you read your email?" I was asked. Apparently not. I was wondering what people were congratulating me for.
So it was a lovely afternoon at work. A little ceremony, a flower, some finger food and mingling.
It would have been wise for me to NOT pick the salad for lunch that contained black beans, corn, and onions. It would have been nice if I didn't have to stand at the front of the room with all the other nominees, squeezing my butt cheeks together and praying that I could suck it back in. It would have been excellent if I didn't drop my pager on the floor and let out a miniscule squeak as I bent down to pick it up.
Luckily, a few minutes later I was upstaged. Somebody went into labor and had to scadaddle on out to a maternity ward. I think I need to give her a personal thank you note and a spirit award of her very own!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It would've been way wicked excellent if you were the best poltergeist though.