Monday, June 9, 2008

SUMMER LOVE


I LOVE SUMMER!!
I woke up in a pool of sweat, the sheets sticking here and my hair sticking there and decided that there was no way I was going to work out inside a gym this morning. Since I didn't sleep well last night, I also decided that another half hour of sleep was a necessity.
So when I did get up, I somehow worked out inside anyway. I did a Pilates video, showered, wrote in my journal for about 15 minutes while I ate breakfast, and went off to work.
My absolute favorite way to drive to work is in a jeep with the top off, shades on, a bandana tied around my head in a hippie helmet, tunes cranked and singing at the top of my lungs. Work was busy, but productive. My patients all seem to actually be getting better, which is a good thing.
After work, I needed to go to Craigsville Beach and test the water. The water on the inner cape was sooo freaking cold this weekend that all I could do was jump in and jump out before it felt like my face was going to fall off my skull. I needed to know what the water was like at the beach the triathalon will be held at on Saturday. I hate swimming in a wet suit. But if the water was going to leave me unable to feel my arms or legs on the bike ride, a wetsuit I will wear. I NEEDED to know. Happily, the water on the outer cape is warm. No wetsuit will be needed. YEA!!!
The ride home tonite was even better than the ride out this morning. Top off, shades on, bandana on, tunes cranked, wearing nothing but a wet bathing suit and a smile.
I LOVE SUMMER!!!!

No comments: