Thursday, August 7, 2008

dilemma

Here's a dilemma I never thought I would find myself in: my party schedule is interfering with my racing schedule. I've been doing a bunch of sprint tri's this summer with the goal of doing an olympic distance tri over labor day weekend. Only...some of my friends have planned a big end of the summer bash for the day before the olympic tri. And they invited Nerd. And he said yes.

So of course, I need to go because I am still trying to figure out what the hell is going on. (I suppose I could simply ask him. But somehow, I prefer the "I'll write him a note and fold it elaborately and give it to my best friend to give to his best friend to slip into his locker between 5th and 6th periods" approach. Only without the note or the locker)

So, my tentative solution is to run 3 to 4 more sprint tri's and the Cape Cod Marathon. I think that might make up for it.

And maybe I'll actually lose more than the 3 pounds I've taken off total this year.

Or maybe not.

No comments: