Friday, January 9, 2009

PICTURE PERFECT SATURDAY

Last night, I went to a party at my friend KC's. I've been trying to get out and socialize more, even when I don't feel like it because it's cold and I was sick the day before and I got a new Netflix in the mail and I have lots of new jammies to try. I'm so glad I did.

KC rents a cottage on the beach for the winter months, when the owners have no desire to be on the beach. It's cute.

Unfortunately, the gas went out in the house and she was in a panic, calling her landlord and the gas company while all her guests milled around the cottage in winter jackets. The gas guy finally did show up and fix the problem. While he was working, two more trucks from two more gas companies arrived. We were all laughing, saying that it was like a horror movie "When the Gas Men Come". "Right about now, the audience would be screaming: 'How stupid can you be? Get OUT of the house!'"

Once the heat was back on and the oven was working, things got rolling with food and home-brewed beer. (OH! SO GOOD!) A few disagreements about whose taste in music was best. But luckily, there's always Bob Marley and Lenny Kravitz, who unify everyone.

For the finale, we took her Christmas tree down to the beach and burned it. It was about 8 degrees, and the wind was blowing. But the moon was full, the stars were bright, and the tree lit up like a forth of July sparkler.

I haven't had a night like this in a long time.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

8 degrees... oh my.

Diane said...

I wish I lived near you. We'd be friends, right? So I could tag along to nights like that... right?

Did that sound creepy and stalkerish? 'Cause I totally didn't mean it to. No, you don't have to worry about me tracking you down through Feedjit and moving in next door... I mean, I don't think Feedjit will give me your EXACT address... I'm pretty sure they won't... ;)

Josiemy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

That picture is lovely. I wish I could burn my tree, but I think it would be disastrous to my surrounding foliage...

Lacey said...

Wow, what an awesome picture! And you're right... what IS that about Bob Marley? :D

Heather said...

I'm jealous, that sounds like fun!! Glad you had a good weekend! You deserve it!