Saturday, January 31, 2009

JANUARY'S ADDICTIONS

Ok, I know yesterday I had a bit of a rant about "addictions." And having a post about Current Addictions the very next day may seem a bit hypocritical. But really, the current addictions idea(stolen from Brazen) is just too grand to ignore.

In the month of January, I was addicted to:

SCENTED CANDLES During my purging sessions, I noted that I have tons of scented candles that I never use. It's like I save them for special occasions. But really, when am I going to throw a party in my studio apartment? I light a candle or two every night when I get home from work, now. Even if only for 10 minutes. It's nice.

MIXED NUTS For Christmas, I made several batches of Chex Mix and had a lot of mixed nuts left over. Simultaneously, I'm trying to eat a little better and I am packing snacks for work so I don't become like a lunatic and eat cookies or candy in the afternoon. Enter the mixed nuts. You know what? They are delicious! And keep me full longer. And delicious! They rock.

PEANUT BUTTER Thank goodness I'm not allergic to nuts, eh? I'd have nothing to blog about. I'm also doing protein shakes for dinner since I don't get home until between 9 and 9:30 pm. But I was finding I'd wake up around 2 am STARVING! Until I started throwing a teaspoon of peanut butter into my protein shake. No shit! One teaspoon of peanut butter and I sleep like a baby.

ROCK OF LOVE BUS It's so bad. But it's so good. Watching Brett Michaels talk about his hair extensions just makes my week. It's quality entertainment at its absolute finest!

SCRUBS I was sooo happy when I found out Scrubs is returning. J and I have to DVR Scrubs because we laugh so hard that we miss half the show and have to keep rewinding it. Plus, it fills my need for nerd-crushes. Oh Zack Braff! I could throw Nerd under the bus for you!

Now there's a reality show I'd audition for: riding on a bus competing for the love of a complete nerd! Oh, the scrabble tournaments, the Simpson's trivia contests, the race challenges: (take out the contacts, fill the humidifier, check the expiration date on the inhaler, and turn on the white-noise machine). Would anyone watch this show? Or would Zack and I be cancelled in the middle of the first season?

Happy last day of January, everyone! Looking forward to February.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'd totally watch you and Zach Braff. Hell, I'd probably be competing against you. He's hilarious. I love nerdy guys. :)