After trying to cram an entire summer into one week, I sit here spent, sore, sunburned, mosquito bitten, water logged, with one foot sliced up from jumping too close to a boat propeller and the other aching from a sliver of glass embedded in my heel. I am too tired to be creative. So once again, I am going to steal my post idea from Brazen, my favorite well of creativity.
Top Ten Things I Learned On My Summer Vacation
1) Sunscreen really does work
2) There is nothing more amazing than watching a thunder storm while standing out in the pouring rain with no shelter in sight. (it's pretty scary, too)
3) If there is ANY chance whatsoever of GI distress, don't go camping!
4) We really are just destroying the planet at an alarming rate. And some people, unfortunately, think it's not only our right, but funny.
5) There are some articles of clothing that should not be worn by anyone over the age of 35. (more on this later. promise)
6) Eighties music is the greatest
7) Doing nothing can be more exhausting than being busy
8) Less is more in just about all contexts
9) Some friends just "get you", no matter how long its been since you've been together.
10) I am very lucky to have the life I do.