Thursday, November 2, 2017

October Goal Review

Last month was a bit of a crap shoot for me- full of excitement to tackle all the goals, and then sidelined by some pollen and smoke. But I made some decent progress, I think

1) Work out every day: About 3/4 of the way on this one. Some late evenings in October, after a busy day, found me doing lunges with a weighted vest in my bedroom as I got my stuff ready for the next day. And of course, I was putting together a POUND routine for a demo class (next month!!) And then there were days I couldn't breathe. So overall, not bad.

2) Hike South Kaibab to Bright Angel: SUCCESS! Best day of the month! (followed by the sorest 3 days of the month)

3) Halloween gifts for the kids: SUCCESS! Nothing beats a Halloween text video of kids in costume saying "Thanks!"

4) Clean Easting: 1/2 Credit: good for a while, and then I fell victim to Halloween candy :(

5) Get the car fixed: Oh, not yet- soon.

6) Finish up outstanding classes: Half credit. 2 of the 4 done, tackling the next two in November

7) Journaling and Blogging Daily: Journaling (yes) Blogging (no)

8) 4 Handwritten Letter to Friends: SUCCESS! And probably the nicest part of the month

9) POUND certification done: YES! And the demo class is ready to go

10)  Sleep Outside One Night: No. Had planned on it before the hike, but the area was really smoky and ended up happily able to get a last minute hotel room.

One of the nicer things about a long history of setting goals is that my perfectionism has been reined in. So on a month like this, when my success was sketchy, I can look back and say: "Great start, lots to continue on! And it points me in the right direction for November Goals. 

No comments: