One of MamaKat's writing prompts this week was to write a list of 10 things that are on your mind. Since I am compulsive list maker, this prompt was right up my alley!
THE TOP 10 THINGS ON JEEPGIRL'S MIND RIGHT NOW:
10) I think I am coming down with a cold I started getting snuffily yesterday. But I thought I had nabbed it with a cup of hot-and-sour soup, a yoga class that ended with a "healing meditation", and a mug of peppermint tea. But no, today I woke up even more snuffily and it got progressively worse all day. So now, I'm hoping to kill it with ZiCam, Tang, and more peppermint tea. It is imperative that I feel better by tomorrow.
9) Because tomorrow I will be on a plane A plane to Nashville to the Blissdom conference to see Jen Lancaster. Who is awesome. Even though she may be my polar opposite in every sense. She is funny. And I am going to see her speak at...a blogging conference? I never knew such a thing existed. But I am getting way off track. The point is, I am going to the airport
8) And the Logan Express leaves at 6:05 am Which means I will get absolutely no sleep tonite, since I haven't even packed and I am blogging instead of packing right now. I hope I can sleep on the plane. Because I have really skimped on my sleep lately. Which may be why I am coming down with a cold in the first place.
7) I have a million other things I want to get accomplished on the plane, too. I feel like I may be over committing myself just a bit. I need to re-evaluate things.
6) For instance, I have committed to several work projects. I may not have time to do them. I don't actually get time DURING work to do them, they must be completed on my own time. Like re-doing a certain eval form. or writing up a case study for submission to a national conference. (Not a blogging conference, either) I feel like I was striving for mediocrity in my career and I'm getting sucked into the excellence realm. Damn overachieving!
5) And I didn't work out today. Which was really the right choice, since I am coming down with said cold. But that throws off my training schedule. Which may be further thrown off by the upcoming trip. I don't even know if the hotel has a workout room. I may have to run up and down the stairs for an hour. Which should make me super-popular with everyone.
4) And I somehow think I'm going to finish - like - 6 books on the plane ride there and back I'm still waiting for SOMETHING to happen in Twilight. Call me cynical. But I can't understand why a hundreds-year-old vampire would be spending his time in high school. That's why I have to finish this book on the plane. I'm still not getting it. And I really want to get it!
3) I'm really sick of winter I'm remembering with startling clarity why I left New England in the first place. But I go away for the weekend to Nashville? It was like 19 degrees in Nashville today. Granted, that's 5 degrees warmer than here, but it ain't the Caribbean, either.
2) I'm also a still squirming from my post-martini behavior last weekend I remember saying "Oh, my God! Did I actually say that? I can't believe that came out of my mouth! Just erase that from your mind. Pretend that didn't just happen." at least 5 times. The problem is, I can't for the life of me remember what preceded that outburst. Any of the 5 times. I do remember Nerd looking at his friend and saying "Are there any single girls where you work?" after such an outburst. I laughed at the time. But since this was kind of the "meet the friends" night, I have a suspicion that I (and my martinis) blew it.
WHICH BRINGS ME TO: THE NUMBER ONE THING ON JEEPGIRL'S MIND RIGHT NOW:
1) Is the following email:
"Hey! You really biotinylate my enzymes."
a good thing or a bad thing?
I googled biotinylate but that was absolutely no help whatsoever. Except that now I may start referring to myself as "Vitamin H".