Sunday, April 26, 2009

One good weekend follows another

As we come to the end of a beautiful weekend, I am once again amazed at the absence of a spring in these parts. A few days of spring like weather and then BAM its summer. (although in fairness, I'm pretty sure the temps will plummet once more. Its still only April)

As I look ahead to next weekend, I'm hoping to be just as amazed this time next week. Next Saturday, J and I are going to see the Dalia Lama speak!

The strange part? He'll be speaking in a football stadium. While I see the need to secure a large venue to accommodate as many people as possible, a football stadium just seemed like an odd choice.

Not so to J. "We'll tailgate!" she said.

So this week, my job is to whip up some delicious vegetarian tailgate nosh (c'mon, sausage sandwiches and hot dogs is hardly appropriate when a Buddist monk is speaking). And J? Is mixing up a batch of saffron face paint and crafting giant foam "Om Hands".

We're hoping to get three times around the stadium when we start the "meditation wave"

Have a good week everyone!

4 comments:

Carolina John said...

man, that would be a great thing to hear the dahli lama speak. have fun at the show! i've never heard anyone wanting to tailgate before a monk speaks.

Lacey said...

That sounds like so much fun! (Even more so because of the giant foam "Om Hands," haha.)

Anonymous said...

mmm, that sounds awesome. Have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I'm thinking with the Dali Lama, the venue is pretty irrelevant!