Thursday, April 16, 2009

an unexpected surprise

So today, after work I was doing my decluttering duties in the dreaded front closet. I spied three pairs of "skinny pants" yesterday and spent all day today psyching myself up for pitching them today. These pants used to be my favorite work pants. But they haven't fit in three years. I couldn't bear to get rid of them, because I KNEW that someday, I'd fit back into them. All I needed was to lose three, no five, ok eight pounds. And then it'd be fine.

Every spring and every fall, as I change from summer to winter wardrobe and back again, I try on these three pairs of pants. And every spring and fall, I carefully fold them and put them in the back of the closet. Because they were my favorite work pants. And I totally can fit back into them. With just a little work.

So, today, in round two, getting into the tougher purging mode, is the day I'm going to finally get rid of them. But it wouldn't hurt to try them on just one more time.

Guess what?

THEY TOTALLY FIT!

Not only do they fit, they are actually a bit big around the bootay. So instead of throwing them away, I threw them in the laundry.

Now I gotta find something else to get rid of today.

Yay, me.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Yay you! I'd give anything for my skinny pants to fit. Well, anything except maybe my Cadburys... or raisin bread... or wine... or... OK, so they're never going to fit again. Sigh.

Amazing Greis said...

Congrats! How I look forward to one day fitting back into my "skinny" jeans.

Heather said...

Awesome! I have a pair of "skinny jeans" that I've been saving for four years... that currently won't pull on past my hips. But I refuse to get rid of the damn things. I keep saying they'll fit one day!
And what's even sadder is this: I bought a CUTE summer sun dress (I NEVER WEAR DRESSES, so it speaks volumes that I bought this) in a size that's too small, determined to fit in it by summer. Thought it would "motivate" me. So far, not so much.

Carolina John said...

nice! very cool to have skinny things fit again. this week Kelley brought up a big stack of shorts that I had labeled "skinny" many years ago. very comfortable stuff, but i'm scared to try them on again. you might have just provided the inspiration to try!

Amy - the gazelle said...

that's awesome! Yay for skinny jeans fitting!