Wednesday, May 20, 2009

the state of science...now and in the future

The local high schools are having MCAS exams this week and this afternoon, we had 6 high school juniors in the therapy gym. Since I am the queen of multi-tasking, I decided that I would read them some study questions while they did their therapy.

I am happy to report that I would pass 11th grade biology without a problem.

I am equally sad to report that not one of the kids knew the difference between mitosis and meiosis.

What kind of madness is this? At this rate, there will be nobody left to cryogenically freeze me after I'm dead!

2 comments:

Diane said...

You're brave. I was even scared to play 'Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader'. Mostly because I know a 4th grader who's way smarter than I am. Sigh.

Carolina John said...

i gotta admit, i can't remember the difference either. dang.