Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday's Bad Dates: ironic

We interrupt Tuesday's Bad Dates to ponder the following:

When I was in my 20's, whenever I went out to a bar or a club, there was never a shortage of men in their 40's who were intent on trying to pick me up. This fact is made even creepier by the fact that when I was 26, I looked like a 19 year old with a fake ID. I'm pretty sure at least half these creeps had 19 year old daughters running around town with fake ID's of their own.

Flash forward 13 years everything has changed. Now whenever I go out to a bar or club, I am accosted by 24 and 25 year olds who are intent on picking me up!

WTF????? Am I being punished for some crime I inadvertently committed?

Oh, the agony and the irony that is my life!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Egh, I get hit on by guys who have kids my age too. A few weeks ago this guy came up to me and said, "You look so familiar. Did you used to work at such-n-such?" Me: "Uhm, no. I've probably been to one of your daughter's slumber parties or something."

Aw, that's great that you started your own journal! You should post some!! We can link up :)

Diane said...

I dunno... there's a certain appeal to being hit on by 25 year olds... well, if you're not looking for long-term, 'soulmate' sort of stuff, that is... I say, ENJOY IT, WOMAN!

Lacey said...

HAHA! When I first turned 21 (before I met Mike) me and a 45-year-old friend of mine used to go bar hopping almost every weekend. It was absolutely hilarious, all the older men hitting on me and the younger guys hitting on her. We were constantly complaining about how we were intruding upon the other's age group. Soooo lame. :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose you could take it as a compliment. I suppose. ;)

As for me, I'm too young for the twenty-somethings looking for the older man... and too old for the cougars! LOL