Monday, January 31, 2011

Goal Wrap UP

January was a good month. It was cold and snowy and windy and just way too wintery for my taste. But it was a good month, nonetheless.

January Goals

1) Cut out meat and dairy: While I didn't cut it completely out, I cut back significantly. And you know what? I felt better. The biggest change was that I was a lot less cranky and irritable when I cut back on meat and dairy. Which is a good thing. Less cranky and irritable with myself, as well. So that on days when it was 9 below zero when I left the gym and I just couldn't get warm and I got the hungry horrors before bed, I didn't beat myself up about it. I just took things in stride and tried to make better choices most of the time.

2) Work out 30 times in 30 days: and then some. So much easier to meet this goal when I'm not sick as a dog. Feeling good and dropped 4 pounds this month, too.

3) Journal daily: done and done. (maybe my decrease in irritability is partly from journaling, too?)

4) Go on one winter hike: FAIL! I was just too cold and wimpy this month.

5) Get continuing ed classes set and turned in: DONE!

6) Go on 2 or more group runs: FAIL! (see #4)

7) Finish 3 Books this Month: check! I finished Lit by Mary Karr, Thrive by Brandon Brazier, and The Permanent Pain Cure by Ming Chew

8) Finish Two Projects from the Project Box: I finished two projects hanging around the apartment. Not necessarily from the project box, but it's a start.

9) Write 4 old fashioned snail mail letters to friends: DONE!

10) Have a girl's weekend: which unfortunately ended in hangovers and hugging the throne!

And now on to February. Ever notice that February is the shortest month, but it seems like the longest? But 2011 is off to a good start, to I just need to keep the momentum going.

February Goals:

1) Increase Water intake to 8 glasses a day: I keep coming back to this goal again and again, don't I? But I'm feeling so much better, I'm thinking the water will make me feel even better.

2) Transition from Exercising to Training for the half iron man: Getting started this week!

3) Go on winter hike: I know I can totally suck it up and plow through the snow. Once I get out there, I'll be totally happy.

4) Feng Shui the apartment: Did this a couple years ago. Basically, Feng Shui means "cleaning and organizing and arranging things in a nice way". But in the process, you also look a lot at what is going on in your life, what's going well, what's not so great, and what you want to do about it. What could be better than that?

5) Finish 3 more books

6) 4 more snail mail letters ( I just like sending things to people)

7) Ride bike outside (not just on trainer) 2 times

8) Go out to movies with J and S

9) Complete 2 more projects from project box

10) Get spectacular valentine's day presents for the kiddies!

No comments: