Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Today is Father's Day and my Dad gave me a present. That's just the kind of Dad he is.

"Hey Kid," he said. (I'm not a kid anymore, but he still calls me "Kid." He's one of those Dads.) "I saw this last week and it reminded me of you." He gave me a smiley face shirt.


When I was little, smiley faces were my absolute favorite things in the entire world. I called them "funny faces." I had a funny face cup and a funny face plate. I had funny face sheets. I had a funny face hat, funny face scarf, and funny face mittens. I had countless funny face shirts. And for my 3rd birthday, my parents got me a funny face cake. Ok, for my 4th birthday, too. That was the kind of parents I had.

Today, my Dad said that he noticed that I seemed a bit down lately. "You haven't been smiling the way you usually do." He told me that things always get better but until I feel better, he wanted to give me something that might make me smile.

It did.

Today is Father's Day and my Dad gave me a present. That's just the kind of Dad he is.

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

That sounds fantastic. The best dads can always keep you cheerful. rock on.