Monday, June 25, 2012

Healthier Mousse Option

Since I have a tendency to come home and eat everything that isn't nailed down at night, I figured that it may behoove me to investigate some sweet, chocolate-y recipes that wouldn't make me gain 10 pounds right on the sofa. Hmmmm....

I found this little nugget in "The Way of the Happy Woman" by Sara Avant Stover:

CHOCOLATE AVOCADO MOUSSE


2 Avocados



1/2 cup of cocoa powder



1/2 cup agave nectar



1 tablespoon vanilla extract


Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until creamy.  I found the mixture a tad to thick to blend uniformly, so I added water 1 tablespoon at a time until it blended smoothly.

Verdict: incredibly rich, quite chocolate-y and very mousse-like texture. (Of course, then I remembered that I'm more of a pudding girl than a mousse girl) But overall, it did satisfy my cravings tonight.



I added some shredded coconut on top just for a bit of flair!

I give it a thumbs up.