Friday, June 15, 2012

Mid Month Check In

I can't believe it's June 15! Half way through June, already. We had lots of rain here, so it still feels rather cool (it was definitely warmer in May) but this is New England, so I guess that's par for the course.

This month, I tried something a little different when it came to choosing goals. Things to get rid of, things to keep, and new things to acquire. (Figuratively speaking, of course) I also figured I should do something else a little different: check in on those goals and redirect myself every now and then!

Things to Get Rid Of:

1) Poundage: I've dropped about 2, which isn't great, but isn't bad, either. I'm starting to realize that I need to get rid of some anxiety in my life before the poundage leaves.
2) Caffeine: Again, I'm trying to take the genlte approach here, though that seems to fly in the face of the "experts" out there who all seem to recommend going cold turkey with the caffeine. I've cut it about in half. Which is pretty good, since I'm half way through the month!
3) Overworking: The good news here is that I haven't stayed at work until 9 at night once this month! (what a weird thing to feel happy about) I've taken a step back and seen that it isn't ALL me being a workaholic. There are some definite troubles afoot at my place of employment, which makes me sad in a way, because I truly believe that the work we do there is good and important and honorable. But at the same time, I'm trying to embrace the idea that the work is not the same as the place. And that I can't keep banging my head against the wall to get things to change when it seems that the ones holding the power aren't interested in change. Plus, work does't equal identity, either. So I'm trying to get out on time and purposely leaving the things undone that aren't my responsibility to fix. It's harder than I imagined it would be. But I think the rewards are worth it.
4) TV: I never really watched a lot of it before. Just not even turning it on is easy-peasy.
5) The fear of committing to something: Is there a way to objectively measure this? I'm not sure. But, I feel better. SO there's that.

Things to Keep:

1) Daily Journaling: About 4 days a week. I like it. It keeps me centered.
2) COntainer Gardening: Love me my container gardens, though my cucumber drowned with all the rain and the chipmunks keep eating my strawberries. I really need to add some pictures of my happy little garden.
3) Group Activities on the Weekend: I think I'm finally settling into a nice balance between group activites and alone time
4) New Recipes:  A lot of my new recipes have been of the smoothie variety this month.
5) Keeping on Track with a Buddy: looking good!


New things to Get:

1) Green Smoothie Habit: ONce I got over the look of the things (seriously? It looks like I'm drinking Soilent Green every day) I got totally hooked. I love them. I love them. I love them. If it were possible to marry a food, I'd marry a green smoothie.
2) Fireproof Box for Valuables: Ok, so maybe this wasn't figurative. I literally bought a box and put the irreplacable paperwork inside. One less thing to worry about.
3) A morning workout: Not so much. My wonderful idea that I would go to bed early and get up early for a morning workout before work never really materialized. Maybe I'm just an evening workout gal.
4) The Artists Way: I've been tooting along with that ok, may start some posts about it.
5) Run every day: about half. I'm ashamed to admit how rain has derailed my running attempts. It's not as if I'd melt!

So overall, in the next 15 days, I'm going to re-double the efforts at early to bed, early to rise, outside running, and ditching the caffeine.

How are you doning with your June goals?

No comments: